POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.documentation.inbuilt : Finding that function thingy in heightfields Server Time
17 Apr 2024 21:59:44 EDT (-0400)
  Finding that function thingy in heightfields (Message 1 to 10 of 14)
From: Greg M  Johnson
Subject: Finding that function thingy in heightfields
Date: 10 Oct 2002 08:53:20
Message: <3da57840$1@news.povray.org>
I remember there's a way to insert a function instead of a bitmap into
heightfields.
My thorough study of the heightfield and function sections of the inbuilt
docs wouldn't allow me to find this.
Perhaps we could drop hints of whatever this is called into at least the hf
docs....

Post a reply to this message

> I remember there's a way to insert a function instead of a bitmap into
> heightfields.
> My thorough study of the heightfield and function sections of the inbuilt
> docs wouldn't allow me to find this.
> Perhaps we could drop hints of whatever this is called into at least the hf
> docs....

6.5.4.2  Functions in Isosurface

--
Ken Tyler

Post a reply to this message

> > I remember there's a way to insert a function instead of a bitmap into
> > heightfields.
> > My thorough study of the heightfield and function sections of the inbuilt
> > docs wouldn't allow me to find this.
> > Perhaps we could drop hints of whatever this is called into at least the hf
> > docs....
>
> 6.5.4.2  Functions in Isosurface

(Ken, are you getting senile? ;-))

I think a note in both the heightfield and the image_map section would be
appropriate.

Christoph

--
POV-Ray tutorials, IsoWood include,
Last updated 13 Aug. 2002 _____./\/^>_*_<^\/\.______

Post a reply to this message

> I think a note in both the heightfield and the image_map section
> would be appropriate.

I want to put all image input-formats into one section, that would include
df3 and function image.

Ingo

Post a reply to this message