POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.competition : viewing? Server Time
28 Mar 2024 17:47:12 EDT (-0400)
  viewing? (Message 4 to 13 of 13)
From: Warp
Subject: Re: viewing?
Date: 21 Oct 2004 15:37:02
Message: <41780fde@news.povray.org>
Jaap <jws### [at] yahoocom> wrote:
> is there any info avalable about the number of entries,
> total size of submitted images, etc. ?

  Not yet. Please be patient.

From: Phlip
Date: 21 Oct 2004 17:50:12
Message: <41782f14@news.povray.org>
Warp wrote:

> Jaap wrote:

> > is there any info avalable about the number of entries,
> > total size of submitted images, etc. ?
>
>   Not yet. Please be patient.

Guesstimates:

The www.povcomp.com site was programmed to accept entries. It's not
programmed yet to display the collated results.

While it reprograms, the judges must do things they must do anyway before
unveiling. These "things" prevent the judges from even posting early numbers
to this newsgroup.

--
  Phlip
> programmed yet to display the collated results.

No, that is not it.  We are currently discussing the images that have been
submitted.  There will be news soon.

    Thorsten

Thorsten Froehlich, Duisburg, Germany
e-mail: tho### [at] trfde

> > programmed yet to display the collated results.
>
> No, that is not it.  We are currently discussing the images that have been
> submitted.  There will be news soon.

Mine was a pessimistic software engineering estimate. ;-)

--
  Phlip
>> No, that is not it.  We are currently discussing the images that have been
>> submitted.  There will be news soon.
>
> Mine was a pessimistic software engineering estimate. ;-)

Well, as it turns out we may well have underestimated the time needed to
create as impressive images as we had imagined...