POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.competition : Re: Hows it all going- 4days to go Server Time
18 Apr 2024 19:02:43 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Hows it all going- 4days to go (Message 1 to 1 of 1)
From: j
Subject: Re: Hows it all going- 4days to go
Date: 13 Oct 2004 18:50:01
Message: <web.416dafeb5a9c4f984d3bf7670@news.povray.org>
Yea.. school.. that's why I could only make it for the IRTC during summer or
Christmas.

> That's my sad story.  I'm not giving up, though.  I'm going to do whatever I
> can and hopefully I'll be able to get somewhere sometime.
> ....Sorry I spouted off.  I just had to blow off some steam and waste some
> more time.

Excellent! And everyone shouldn't give up at this point as long as they've
put some effort into this competition. I started working on this in
September and with no surprise, I've ran out of time. I can see that many
people have a job/real life and it's not easy to focus on both at once
(myself included...).  In fact, I have a lot of catching up to do with my
real life after Oct 15
that's not even funny.

I have to cut my image up into 10 pieces and give it to my friends to render
(still running). Could've added Radiosity and Focal blur and stuff but
render time is just going to get ridiculous (adding to the fact that I
mis-interpreted the rule and made myself a 1280x1706 render, thinking that
the minimum width has to be 1280). Sigh...

Good luck everyone and happy rendering
Johnny