POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.competition : so...reutilisation of images Server Time
20 Apr 2024 04:47:53 EDT (-0400)
  so...reutilisation of images (Message 1 to 2 of 2)
From: B  Gimeno
Subject: so...reutilisation of images
Date: 9 Aug 2004 03:33:44
Message: <411728d8@news.povray.org>
I published a few months ago a picture of a city rendered using domino tiles
with a macro I wrote en 2002.
Well, if I understand the rules correctly, I can't submit any modified work
done before the contest.

So... Can't I submit any picture using domino tiles as buildings? (the image
was a wip never finished)

As the macro was wrote before the contest, can I use this macro in anyway?

Can't I use any macro,  include or function wrote, before the contest, by me
or others?

So...if I want to obtain a good result: must I rewrite a lightsys.inc (like
Jaime Vives Piqueres (p.e.)) or the Galaxy.inc from Chris Colefax, or must
be considered an illegal action?

As if I could have a chance to win

B. Gimeno
> I published a few months ago a picture of a city rendered using domino tiles
> with a macro I wrote en 2002.
> Well, if I understand the rules correctly, I can't submit any modified work
> done before the contest.
>
> So... Can't I submit any picture using domino tiles as buildings? (the image
> was a wip never finished)
>
> As the macro was wrote before the contest, can I use this macro in anyway?
>
> Can't I use any macro,  include or function wrote, before the contest, by me
> or others?
>
> So...if I want to obtain a good result: must I rewrite a lightsys.inc (like
> Jaime Vives Piqueres (p.e.)) or the Galaxy.inc from Chris Colefax, or must
> be considered an illegal action?

The rules are completely clear about that.  You have to mention any 3rd
party tools/data used in your scene and any element you created prior to
the contest in your entry description.  This covers all include files
and macros no matter if selfmade or by others.  For tools made by others
you also have to make sure you are allowed to use them (which is no
problem in case of galaxy.inc and lightsys.inc of course).

Christoph

Last updated 06 Jul. 2004 _____./\/^>_*_<^\/\.______