POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.competition : Hmm, do I interpret these rules correctly? Server Time
25 Apr 2024 15:48:56 EDT (-0400)
  Hmm, do I interpret these rules correctly? (Message 1 to 7 of 7)
From: Samuel Benge
Subject: Hmm, do I interpret these rules correctly?
Date: 6 Aug 2004 11:38:54
Message: <4113A571.6030304@hotmail.com>
To start off, I'd like to say this competition is very enticing! How
nice it would be to win that computer..... having it would mean I would
never go to sleep again!

At any rate, I have some concerns about the image submission rules. In
section Four it is written:

d.
Each image submitted has to be the direct result of a POV-Ray render. No
post processing of any kind is permitted. The image can be submitted in
either PNG or JPG format.

<clip>

f.
You must not use any feature of POV-Ray (whether official or patched) to
circumvent the intent of any of the other rules (especially the post
processing rule and the requirement of the image to be rendered with
POV-Ray).

I take this to mean I can't use my 'luminous bloom' filter, which is
made with POV-Ray? The filter takes a rendered image, slaps it onto a
plane and spreads out the highlights. It is all raytraced completely
within POV.

Wouldn't my filter show off POV's abilities in yet another useful way,
making it nearly 'on par' with the expensive rendering packages?

-Sam