POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.competition : Results Server Time
29 Mar 2024 03:00:26 EDT (-0400)
  Results (Message 29 to 38 of 38)
From: Jeremy M  Praay
Subject: Re: Results
Date: 15 Feb 2005 16:08:01
Message: <421264b1$1@news.povray.org>
"Gena" <nomail@nomail> wrote in message
news:web.421250a1f38030d1ff43ef6f0@news.povray.org...
> Actually the results are available here already:
>
> ftp.povcomp.org

Oh, and the new topic is "Squid".

Squid, Architeuthis, calimari, tentacles, Ken.  Anything that makes you
think of squid.

> Due to the number of entrants many judges reported that they could not
> complete their work in time, a decision has been made to extend the
> judging
> process to April 1, 2005. In retrospect we can see that the original time
> allowed (only 3 weeks) was just too short. All entrants will receive an
> email regarding this shortly.

From what I understand, the real reason was that the sponsors felt that the
quality of the judging was not quite good enough.  While there was some
exceptional judging, there was not enough.  The current bar for judging is
very high.  I will provide some links later...

;-)

JUST KIDDING!!!

--
Jeremy
www.beantoad.com
> Due to the number of entrants many judges reported that they could not
> complete their work in time, a decision has been made to extend the judging
> process to April 1, 2005. In retrospect we can see that the original time
> allowed (only 3 weeks) was just too short. All entrants will receive an
> email regarding this shortly.

> On April 1st:

> Congrats! POVCOMP was just a joke :)

  Where did you get this info?! You are in a big problem now for
making it public!

> Kidding again :)

  Likewise ;)