POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.bugreports : sphere slicing problem Server Time
24 Apr 2024 19:15:06 EDT (-0400)
  sphere slicing problem (Message 8 to 17 of 37)
<<< Previous 7 Messages Goto Latest 10 Messages Next 10 Messages >>>
From: jr
Subject: Re: sphere slicing problem
Date: 14 Oct 2019 16:55:06
Message: <web.5da4df77401c5809feeb22ff0@news.povray.org>
hi,

> "jr" <cre### [at] gmailcom> wrote:
> > does not for me.  :-(  I get solid (filled) circles, not rings.
> Sounds like that ex-post facto texturing lots of people would like...

I'd _love_ a trace()-like function which returns a colour (instead of a normal).

> try using 2 "clipped_by" objects instead of an intersection?

good thought, had overlooked that.  so I modified the macro to return the box
dimensions only and used that in a clipped_by, but, no dice.  in fact, visually
identical.

> I really never use that command - so maybe others have advice.

fingers crossed.  and, thank you.

regards, jr.

Post a reply to this message