POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.bugreports : Bug in screen.inc Server Time
28 Mar 2024 19:42:00 EDT (-0400)
  Bug in screen.inc (Message 1 to 7 of 7)
From: Mike Horvath
Subject: Bug in screen.inc
Date: 20 Jun 2019 13:06:50
Message: <5d0bbd2a$1@news.povray.org>
The include file "screen.inc" can't cope whith a scene (such as some
exported LDraw scenes) where the "right" vector of the camera is
negative. For instance, I'm not sure why, but the program LDView always
outputs the right vector as:

	right LDXCamAspect * < -1,0,0 >

The resulting image ends up flipped horizontally compared to what it's
supposed to be.

Michael

Post a reply to this message

> The include file "screen.inc" can't cope whith a scene (such as some
> exported LDraw scenes) where the "right" vector of the camera is
> negative. For instance, I'm not sure why, but the program LDView always
> outputs the right vector as:
>
>  right LDXCamAspect * < -1,0,0 >
>
> The resulting image ends up flipped horizontally compared to what it's
> supposed to be.
>
> Michael

It's been a while since I've picked through the code of that, but:

Might the solution be as simple as taking all of the screen.inc output (union {}
)
 and scaling it <-1, 1, 1>  ?

Post a reply to this message

> It's been a while since I've picked through the code of that, but:
>
> Might the solution be as simple as taking all of the screen.inc output (union {}
> )
>   and scaling it <-1, 1, 1>  ?

Can the camera itself scale by some value? Thanks for the tip.

Michael

Post a reply to this message

> Can the camera itself scale by some value? Thanks for the tip.

I'm guessing ... yes?

http://news.povray.org/povray.advanced-users/thread/%3C5a7f9271%241%40news.povray.org%3E/

Post a reply to this message