POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.bugreports : 3.7 Installation bug Server Time
29 Mar 2024 10:44:07 EDT (-0400)
  3.7 Installation bug (Message 1 to 6 of 6)
From: Bald Eagle
Subject: 3.7 Installation bug
Date: 24 Aug 2018 10:00:01
Message: <web.5b800f1ce4dca25c437ac910@news.povray.org>
I just installed 3.7 from the downloads page, and I got "placeholder icons" on
the desktop and in the start menu.

Apparently the installer is directing the OS to look for

"C:\Program Files\POV-Ray\v3.7\bin\pvengine-sse2.exe"

when in fact the file is named

"C:\Program Files\POV-Ray\v3.7\bin\pvengine32-sse2.exe"

I edited the two entries, and now they work.

Win 7 Pro SP1

Post a reply to this message

Am 24.08.2018 um 15:58 schrieb Bald Eagle:
> I just installed 3.7 from the downloads page, and I got "placeholder icons" on
> the desktop and in the start menu.
>
> Apparently the installer is directing the OS to look for
>
> "C:\Program Files\POV-Ray\v3.7\bin\pvengine-sse2.exe"
>
> when in fact the file is named
>
> "C:\Program Files\POV-Ray\v3.7\bin\pvengine32-sse2.exe"
>
> I edited the two entries, and now they work.
>
> Win 7 Pro SP1

You're still running 32 bit?

Post a reply to this message