POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.bugreports : Mosaic preview crashes in GNU/Linux Server Time
28 Mar 2024 06:34:53 EDT (-0400)
  Mosaic preview crashes in GNU/Linux (Message 1 to 3 of 3)
From: Cousin Ricky
Subject: Mosaic preview crashes in GNU/Linux
Date: 9 May 2014 12:00:01
Message: <web.536cfb188e8e9528192ae5f10@news.povray.org>
If Preview_Start_Size or +SP is used, POV-Ray crashes with the following
message:

povray: backend/lighting/radiosity.cpp:324: virtual void
pov::RadiosityFunction::BeforeTile(int, unsigned int): Assertion `(pts >=
PRETRACE_FIRST) && (pts <= PRETRACE_MAX)' failed.
Aborted

The result is the same regardless of the scene file (unless the scene file is
/dev/null and +F is set).

Neither POV-Ray for Windows nor UberPOV has this problem.  Can someone else
verify?

POV-Ray version: POV-Ray 3.7.0
Operating system: openSUSE 13.1 GNU/Linux
Hardware: Dell Inspiron 17R, Intel Core i7

Post a reply to this message

Le 09/05/2014 17:58, Cousin Ricky nous fit lire :
> If Preview_Start_Size or +SP is used, POV-Ray crashes with the following
> message:
>
> povray: backend/lighting/radiosity.cpp:324: virtual void
> pov::RadiosityFunction::BeforeTile(int, unsigned int): Assertion `(pts >=
> PRETRACE_FIRST) && (pts <= PRETRACE_MAX)' failed.
> Aborted
>
> The result is the same regardless of the scene file (unless the scene file is
> /dev/null and +F is set).
>
> Neither POV-Ray for Windows nor UberPOV has this problem.  Can someone else
> verify?
>
> POV-Ray version: POV-Ray 3.7.0
> Operating system: openSUSE 13.1 GNU/Linux
> Hardware: Dell Inspiron 17R, Intel Core i7

From memory, I can confirm.

Indeed, it's issue #313 in flyspray

> http://bugs.povray.org/task/313

Post a reply to this message