POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.bugreports : 3.7/scenes/advanced/optics.pov Server Time
25 Apr 2024 17:50:21 EDT (-0400)
  3.7/scenes/advanced/optics.pov (Message 1 to 2 of 2)
From: Patrick
Subject: 3.7/scenes/advanced/optics.pov
Date: 19 Jan 2011 13:50:01
Message: <web.4d37318c2296aa18c219dd150@news.povray.org>
I recently downloaded the 3.7 RC2 and decided to render all the sample .pov
files.

When I try to render the "optics.pov" file, the program crashes with a "memory
access violation".  I did the short memory dump and a pop-up box said that it
would be uploaded to povray servers.

FYI, I commented out the entire contents and systematically re-enabled pieces
until I narrowed down the line of code causing the crash.  In the second "box"
statement after the "Block" macro definition is an "interior" statement:

    interior
    {
        media
        {
=====>>     scattering {1, color White extinction 0}
            //emission color White*0.2
            method 3
            intervals 1 samples 4
        }
    }

If I comment out the "scattering" statement, everything else renders with no
error.

-- Running 32-bit Windows XP

I just thought someone might find the information helpful.

~Patrick

Post a reply to this message

> I recently downloaded the 3.7 RC2 and decided to render all the sample .pov
> files.
>
> When I try to render the "optics.pov" file, the program crashes with a "memory
> access violation".  I did the short memory dump and a pop-up box said that it
> would be uploaded to povray servers.
>
> FYI, I commented out the entire contents and systematically re-enabled pieces
> until I narrowed down the line of code causing the crash.  In the second "box"
> statement after the "Block" macro definition is an "interior" statement:
>
>     interior
>     {
>         media
>         {
> =====>>     scattering {1, color White extinction 0}
>             //emission color White*0.2
>             method 3
>             intervals 1 samples 4
>         }
>     }
>
> If I comment out the "scattering" statement, everything else renders with no
> error.
>
> -- Running 32-bit Windows XP
>
> I just thought someone might find the information helpful.
>
> ~Patrick

check out the beta news group ... problem was reported and fixed in RC3