POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.bugreports : PovRay 3.7 Beta 41 pvengine-sse2.exe Bug: No visible GUI started ??? Server Time
25 Apr 2024 17:46:17 EDT (-0400)
  PovRay 3.7 Beta 41 pvengine-sse2.exe Bug: No visible GUI started ??? (Message 1 to 4 of 4)
From: m steiger
Subject: PovRay 3.7 Beta 41 pvengine-sse2.exe Bug: No visible GUI started ???
Date: 30 Dec 2010 12:10:01
Message: <web.4d1cbc397731728a5f7965d70@news.povray.org>
Hi

After starting pvengine-sse2.exe NO WINDOW will be opened!!!
pvengine-sse2.exe is listed in the process list of the task manager
but doesn't appear in the application list.
Also there appears no error message!

Starting the standard pvengine.exe works as expected!
Befor I was working with the previous version pvengine-sse2.exe beta 40.
It was running without any errors.

Here are some details of my PC:
     cpu: Intel Pentium D 820
   speed: 2.8 GHz
  memory: 1.5 MB
instruction set:  MMX, EMMX, SSE, SSE2
installation path:  individual (not the default one)

Hmmm.... do you know what's wrong?

Do anybody else have this problem too?

:-( martin

Post a reply to this message

> After starting pvengine-sse2.exe NO WINDOW will be opened!!!
> pvengine-sse2.exe is listed in the process list of the task manager
> but doesn't appear in the application list.
> Also there appears no error message!
>
> Starting the standard pvengine.exe works as expected!
> Befor I was working with the previous version pvengine-sse2.exe beta 40.
> It was running without any errors.
>
> Here are some details of my PC:
>       cpu: Intel Pentium D 820
>     speed: 2.8 GHz
>    memory: 1.5 MB
> instruction set:  MMX, EMMX, SSE, SSE2
> installation path:  individual (not the default one)
>
> Hmmm.... do you know what's wrong?

What version of Windows are you running, and which service packs are installed?

	Thorsten

Post a reply to this message

> > After starting pvengine-sse2.exe NO WINDOW will be opened!!!
> > pvengine-sse2.exe is listed in the process list of the task manager
> > but doesn't appear in the application list.
> > Also there appears no error message!
> >
> > Starting the standard pvengine.exe works as expected!
> > Befor I was working with the previous version pvengine-sse2.exe beta 40.
> > It was running without any errors.
> >
> > Here are some details of my PC:
> >       cpu: Intel Pentium D 820
> >     speed: 2.8 GHz
> >    memory: 1.5 MB
> > instruction set:  MMX, EMMX, SSE, SSE2
> > installation path:  individual (not the default one)
> >
> > Hmmm.... do you know what's wrong?
>
> What version of Windows are you running, and which service packs are installed?
>
>  Thorsten

Windows XP Pro Sp3

Post a reply to this message

> After starting pvengine-sse2.exe NO WINDOW will be opened!!!
> pvengine-sse2.exe is listed in the process list of the task manager
> but doesn't appear in the application list.
> Also there appears no error message!
>
> Starting the standard pvengine.exe works as expected!
> Before I was working with the previous version pvengine-sse2.exe beta 40.
> It was running without any errors.

I was just installing and testing PovRay v3.7 Release Candidate 1.
Now also pvengine-ss2.exe versions works as expected !!!
Thanx for correction this bug.

:-) martin