POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.bugreports : Initial_Frame,Final_frame: frame_number not always correct? Server Time
20 Apr 2024 01:34:28 EDT (-0400)
  Initial_Frame,Final_frame: frame_number not always correct? (Message 1 to 4 of 4)
From: DH0909
Subject: Initial_Frame,Final_frame: frame_number not always correct?
Date: 3 Jun 2010 04:30:01
Message: <web.4c076740ef50d9854d6935450@news.povray.org>
Hi!
if setting initial and final in the ini file both to 1, frame_number when used
in the scene file returns 0. Setting initial to 1 always seems to result being
the first frame_number a 0. For example initial 1, final 2, returns frame_number
as 0 and 1.

Every other combinations (initial_frame other then 1) I tried seem to work as
expected, for example both set to 3 returns 3 in the scene file. Or initial to 3
and final to 4 returns 3 and then 4.

Is that a bug?

The about-screen says this is povray 3.6

Greetings
DH

Post a reply to this message

> if setting initial and final in the ini file both to 1, frame_number when used
> in the scene file returns 0. Setting initial to 1 always seems to result being
> the first frame_number a 0. For example initial 1, final 2, returns frame_number
> as 0 and 1.
>
> Every other combinations (initial_frame other then 1) I tried seem to work as
> expected, for example both set to 3 returns 3 in the scene file. Or initial to 3
> and final to 4 returns 3 and then 4.
>
> Is that a bug?
>
> The about-screen says this is povray 3.6

Yes and no. The frame number variable exposes some of the inner workings of
POV-Ray's animation features that are not as logical as they are presented
in the documentation. Basically, the frame number also sort of indicates if
animation is on or off. The general rule should be to just not set the
initial frame number, and then things should work as expected.

	Thorsten

Post a reply to this message

So I would have to work with the clock-variable in the scene-file, instead of
setting the initial frame in the ini-file? Right?

Tyvm for the help already.

Greetings
DH

Post a reply to this message