POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.bugreports : segmentation fault when executing incorrect code Server Time
19 Apr 2024 04:07:47 EDT (-0400)
  segmentation fault when executing incorrect code (Message 1 to 3 of 3)
From: Senusert
Subject: segmentation fault when executing incorrect code
Date: 23 Jun 2010 18:03:12
Message: <4c2284a0$1@news.povray.org>
Hello all,

I encountered a segmentation fault in povray. By accident I wrote some
incorrect code:

	#if MyValue < MyFunction(A, B)

Which, of-course, should be written as:

	#if ( MyValue < MyFunction(A, B) )

The first code example gives a segmentation fault, while I would expect
an error message saying that the code is not correct. Did I find
something new, or is this already known behaviour?
I am using povray version 3.6.1 (g++ 3.4.1 @ i686-pc-linux-gnu).

Senusert

Post a reply to this message

> I encountered a segmentation fault in povray. By accident I wrote some
> incorrect code:
>
> 	#if MyValue<  MyFunction(A, B)
>
> Which, of-course, should be written as:
>
> 	#if ( MyValue<  MyFunction(A, B) )
>
> The first code example gives a segmentation fault, while I would expect
> an error message saying that the code is not correct. Did I find
> something new, or is this already known behaviour?
> I am using povray version 3.6.1 (g++ 3.4.1 @ i686-pc-linux-gnu).

I guess the issue /might/ have something to do with this known bug (that
has been fixed in POV-Ray 3.7 beta 35 already, but not in the 3.6 branch
yet):

<http://bugs.povray.org/task/51>

Post a reply to this message