POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : Spline causing 3.8 beta 2 to crash Server Time
20 Apr 2024 03:50:53 EDT (-0400)
  Spline causing 3.8 beta 2 to crash (Message 21 to 22 of 22)
From: jr
Subject: Re: Spline causing 3.8 beta 2 to crash
Date: 14 Feb 2023 03:35:00
Message: <web.63eb46dedd6df1a988a828ca6cde94f1@news.povray.org>
hi,

> Thanks! I'm interested in whether the fix works for v3.8b2

need to get back to you in a few days, but quick look-see last night resulted in
"error: 'CurrentTokenDataPtr' was not declared in this scope".  (looks like the
code bases have diverged.. ;-))

re Ubuntu.  Debian now packs all /bin/ in /usr/bin/, and makes the former a
symlink; more Windows mid nineties than Linux :-(.

regards, jr.

Post a reply to this message

> need to get back to you in a few days, but quick look-see last night resulted in
> "error: 'CurrentTokenDataPtr' was not declared in this scope".  (looks like the
> code bases have diverged.. ;-))

Well, bummer. Perhaps the general approach I took would still fly with
code changes not too major to work with v3.8 b2?

> re Ubuntu.  Debian now packs all/bin/  in/usr/bin/, and makes the former a
> symlink; more Windows mid nineties than Linux 🙁.

:-)

Bill P.