POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.animations : Bring animations into Povray from a separate program? Server Time
16 Apr 2024 03:29:29 EDT (-0400)
  Bring animations into Povray from a separate program? (Message 1 to 7 of 7)
From: PossibleTaco
Subject: Bring animations into Povray from a separate program?
Date: 20 Apr 2021 18:20:00
Message: <web.607f52b54ba5363a44122350495b05b0@news.povray.org>
Hi there! I'm brand new to povray and I've had fun messing around with it! I
have a couple of questions though;
Any way to do an animation in another program like Blender, export it as an FBX,
and bring it into povray?

Or alternatively, does anyone have any tips for getting povray to work in
blender? Does it just not work in 2.9? I can't even get the default scene to
render.

Post a reply to this message

> Hi there! I'm brand new to povray and I've had fun messing around with it! I
> have a couple of questions though;
> Any way to do an animation in another program like Blender, export it as an FBX,
> and bring it into povray?
>
> Or alternatively, does anyone have any tips for getting povray to work in
> blender? Does it just not work in 2.9? I can't even get the default scene to
> render.

Likely Maurice will chime with his expert opinion.

But until then:

https://wiki.povray.org/content/HowTo:Use_POV-Ray_with_Blender

http://mmyllyma.mbnet.fi/combine_blender_pov.html

Other than that, your search engine is your friend.

Post a reply to this message

> > Hi there! I'm brand new to povray and I've had fun messing around with it! I
> > have a couple of questions though;
> > Any way to do an animation in another program like Blender, export it as an FBX,
> > and bring it into povray?
> >
> > Or alternatively, does anyone have any tips for getting povray to work in
> > blender? Does it just not work in 2.9? I can't even get the default scene to
> > render.
>
> Likely Maurice will chime with his expert opinion.
>
> But until then:
>
> https://wiki.povray.org/content/HowTo:Use_POV-Ray_with_Blender
>
> http://mmyllyma.mbnet.fi/combine_blender_pov.html
>
> Other than that, your search engine is your friend.

I've done some research on it, and everything says I should be able to render
the default scene but I haven't had any luck with that. It's probably a small
detail I'm overlooking.

Post a reply to this message

but I haven't had any luck with that. It's probably a small
> detail I'm overlooking.

What version of Blender, how are you trying to convert it, what example/test
scene are you using, what is the povray output file, and what errors/lack of
results are you seeing?

Post a reply to this message