POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.animations : bones.inc Server Time
19 Apr 2024 02:54:45 EDT (-0400)
  bones.inc (Message 1 to 4 of 4)
From: robot guy
Subject: bones.inc
Date: 19 Jul 2020 01:15:00
Message: <web.5f13d5f088bb62bc9d50611f0@news.povray.org>
I had posted a link to my bones.inc forward kinematics include file here about
ten years ago.  The link is of course old and broken though, so I just uploaded
it to GitHub:

https://github.com/edrobotguy/bones

bones.inc allows you to create complex skeletons and attach POVray objects to
them.  Included on the git are a huge readme file and two sample POVray files
that use bones.inc, one for animating a bipedal robot and another with a snake.
For the robot, the skeleton is defined right down to the finger bones.

Animation is accomplished by establishing a Pose for a skeleton, where each
joint angle is specified, and then interpolating between Poses according to the
clock value.  Chains of these interpolations can create some very complex
skeleton movements with very little code.

Post a reply to this message

> I had posted a link to my bones.inc forward kinematics include file here about
> ten years ago.  The link is of course old and broken though, so I just uploaded
> it to GitHub:
>
> https://github.com/edrobotguy/bones
>
> bones.inc allows you to create complex skeletons and attach POVray objects to
> them.  Included on the git are a huge readme file and two sample POVray files
> that use bones.inc, one for animating a bipedal robot and another with a snake.
> For the robot, the skeleton is defined right down to the finger bones.
>
> Animation is accomplished by establishing a Pose for a skeleton, where each
> joint angle is specified, and then interpolating between Poses according to the
> clock value.  Chains of these interpolations can create some very complex
> skeleton movements with very little code.

I was going through the old e-mails here and I found this.  I didn't know if I
had downloaded this bone thing or not. I did!, in 2012. I've been playing with
robots for that long?! I had decided to make androids only. I set it up a system
that'll let you adjust bone length. But soon just stuck with one set of bone
lengths. I'm really into animation so I created another system that will take
poses files and with a little effort make animated robots. I'm Now working on a
windows program that will take some of that effort out of making that animation.

Have Fun!!

Post a reply to this message