POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.animations : screenplay script and text to speech Server Time
28 Mar 2024 12:25:21 EDT (-0400)
  screenplay script and text to speech (Message 1 to 8 of 8)
From: Leroy
Subject: screenplay script and text to speech
Date: 25 Nov 2014 15:14:30
Message: <5474e326@news.povray.org>
I been playing around with animating robots. You know getting them to
walk, talk and fall down. So the next step is to put them in a little
story. I'm no writer. But I did write up a little scene with two robots
talking and doing stuff.
   I used a text to speech program (Zebspeech)to do the voices. But I
don't like having to record the whole text in each voice the editing
them together. And the voices where a little flat.(more editing)
  The prefect program for me would be one that could read my script
dropping all the stage directions and speaking the appropriate voice,
with some emotional control over each voice.
  Any one heard of such a thing or do I have to make it?

Post a reply to this message

>  I been playing around with animating robots. You know getting them to
> walk, talk and fall down. So the next step is to put them in a little
> story. I'm no writer. But I did write up a little scene with two robots
> talking and doing stuff.
>   I used a text to speech program (Zebspeech)to do the voices. But I
> don't like having to record the whole text in each voice the editing
> them together. And the voices where a little flat.(more editing)
>  The prefect program for me would be one that could read my script
> dropping all the stage directions and speaking the appropriate voice,
> with some emotional control over each voice.
>  Any one heard of such a thing or do I have to make it?

I remember a long time ago, when I had windows, the soundblaster card
came with such kind of voice synthetizer, with a syntax to change the
module (aka voice).

On linux, Festival has a mode to process commands, and it's then easy to
switch to another voice. It just make the normal text a bit cumbersome,
as it must be inserted in commands too (SayText...)
(well, Festival is not linux centric, so there is some binary for
windows too... if you like terminal...)

The nice thing, there is even a command to save to a wave file.

The hard thing: it's hard to get new voices.
--
IQ of crossposters with FU: 100 / (number of groups)
IQ of crossposters without FU: 100 / (1 + number of groups)

Post a reply to this message

>>  I been playing around with animating robots. You know getting them to
>> walk, talk and fall down. So the next step is to put them in a little
>> story. I'm no writer. But I did write up a little scene with two robots
>> talking and doing stuff.
>>   I used a text to speech program (Zebspeech)to do the voices. But I
>> don't like having to record the whole text in each voice the editing
>> them together. And the voices where a little flat.(more editing)
>>  The prefect program for me would be one that could read my script
>> dropping all the stage directions and speaking the appropriate voice,
>> with some emotional control over each voice.
>>  Any one heard of such a thing or do I have to make it?
>
> I remember a long time ago, when I had windows, the soundblaster card
> came with such kind of voice synthetizer, with a syntax to change the
> module (aka voice).
>
> On linux, Festival has a mode to process commands, and it's then easy to
> switch to another voice. It just make the normal text a bit cumbersome,
> as it must be inserted in commands too (SayText...)
> (well, Festival is not linux centric, so there is some binary for
> windows too... if you like terminal...)
>
> The nice thing, there is even a command to save to a wave file.
>
> The hard thing: it's hard to get new voices.
Thanks. I give it a look and see.

Post a reply to this message