POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : Seeking complex prism advice Server Time
28 Mar 2024 06:40:29 EDT (-0400)
  Seeking complex prism advice (Message 1 to 10 of 12)
From: Bald Eagle
Subject: Seeking complex prism advice
Date: 5 Oct 2019 16:35:01
Message: <web.5d98fe2acae70d394eec112d0@news.povray.org>
Playing with creating some complex CSG parts in SDL, and wondering what the best
approach is.

My initial instinct is to use a prism - but I have a mixture of straight lines,
right-angle or 180-degree circular arcs, and radiused bends.
For simple splines, I could just concatenate them together, but I can't switch
between bezier, cubic, and linear splines midway through a prism definition.

But that would be a NICE feature.   ;)

If I use a bezier or cubic spline for the prism, is there a trick to
manipulating the control points to switch between curved and "linear" domains?
I have a convex radius that then extends normal to the circle, some 90-deg
bends, ...

Maybe I should approach it a completely different way, but cobbling together a
dozen different bits by CSG seems --- tedious.

Post a reply to this message