POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : bitwise operator syntax Server Time
28 Mar 2024 13:01:12 EDT (-0400)
  bitwise operator syntax (Message 1 to 7 of 7)
From: Bald Eagle
Subject: bitwise operator syntax
Date: 21 Aug 2019 20:45:00
Message: <web.5d5de54c5e97cca64eec112d0@news.povray.org>
I've [casually] tried a few times to employ the bitwise operators in some code,
and haven't had much success.
I've gotten around this with using other functions that achieve the same end
goal, but would like to write some that actually uses bitwise xor.

Has anyone used these and can provide some simple working code examples?
Thanks.

(I tried to search the wiki several times, but got an error.)

http://wiki.povray.org/content/Reference:Numeric_Expressions

A database query syntax error has occurred. This may indicate a bug in the
software. The last attempted database query was:
(SQL query hidden)
from within function "MLAI_InsertIndexLink". Database returned error "1062:
Duplicate entry '2307' for key 'page_id'
(localhost:/var/db/wiki-mysql/mysql.sock)".

Post a reply to this message

> I've [casually] tried a few times to employ the bitwise operators in some code,
> and haven't had much success.
> I've gotten around this with using other functions that achieve the same end
> goal, but would like to write some that actually uses bitwise xor.
>
> Has anyone used these and can provide some simple working code examples?
> Thanks.

http://news.povray.org/povray.text.scene-files/thread/%3Cweb.5b1158c121f9aee882a92ab90%40news.povray.org%3E/

regards, jr.

Post a reply to this message

Op 22/08/2019 om 02:43 schreef Bald Eagle:

[snip]

> (I tried to search the wiki several times, but got an error.)
>
> http://wiki.povray.org/content/Reference:Numeric_Expressions
>
> A database query syntax error has occurred. This may indicate a bug in the
> software. The last attempted database query was:
> (SQL query hidden)
> from within function "MLAI_InsertIndexLink". Database returned error "1062:
> Duplicate entry '2307' for key 'page_id'
> (localhost:/var/db/wiki-mysql/mysql.sock)".

I met that same error a couple of times over the past few days. The wiki
seems to be broken.

--
Thomas

Post a reply to this message

On 8/22/19 2:19 AM, Thomas de Groot wrote:
> Op 22/08/2019 om 02:43 schreef Bald Eagle:
>>
> [snip]
>

>> (I tried to search the wiki several times, but got an error.)
>>
>> http://wiki.povray.org/content/Reference:Numeric_Expressions
>>
>> A database query syntax error has occurred. This may indicate a bug in
>> the
>> software. The last attempted database query was:
>> (SQL query hidden)
>> from within function "MLAI_InsertIndexLink". Database returned error
>> "1062:
>> Duplicate entry '2307' for key 'page_id'
>> (localhost:/var/db/wiki-mysql/mysql.sock)".
>>

> I met that same error a couple of times over the past few days. The wiki
> seems to be broken.

As a way to aim at two birds with one stone, please see:

http://wiki.povray.org/content/User:Wfpokorny/DensityFile/arraycoupleddf3s

then cut and paste that link as an address into your browser. It should
be you open that file in my branch on github. At the very bottom of that
include there is an example use of a bitwise_and.

That wiki page opens for me and - I hope - for you?

On your page creating that wiki error you can still view the source and
it includes an index pointer function at the top. I think this is the
issue. Jim is the editor of those pages so perhaps he can sort it.

I see now too my main way into the documentation at:

http://wiki.povray.org/content/Reference:Keywords

no longer works. Hopefully this can be fixed relatively soon.

Aside: If you are working with a git clone (or github download) you can
locally open up a reasonably current version of the documentation in a
browser by opening the index file at:

    <local povray directory>/doc/html/index.html.

The wiki though holds the most up to date docs. Other forms are created
by Jim less often.

Aside 2: I've for a while not been able to create links out of the wiki
as another issue which has crept in over time as has been reported
elsewhere too.

Bill P.

Post a reply to this message

From: Jim Holsenback
Date: 22 Aug 2019 05:58:59
Message: <5d5e6763$1@news.povray.org>
On 8/22/19 5:31 AM, William F Pokorny wrote:
> I see now too my main way into the documentation at:
>
> http://wiki.povray.org/content/Reference:Keywords

yep ... confirmed. i sent chris email

Post a reply to this message

From: Bald Eagle
Date: 22 Aug 2019 13:40:03
Message: <web.5d5ed3673b86496a4eec112d0@news.povray.org>
"jr" <cre### [at] gmailcom> wrote:

http://news.povray.org/povray.text.scene-files/thread/%3Cweb.5b1158c121f9aee882a92ab90%40news.povray.org%3E/

Very nice.   This is likely exactly what I'm looking for.  :)

http://www.3564020356.org/
I'm currently on Riddle #10.

Post a reply to this message

From: jr
Date: 22 Aug 2019 18:45:00
Message: <web.5d5f1ae13b86496a3936914a0@news.povray.org>
hi,

> "jr" <cre### [at] gmailcom> wrote:
> Very nice.   This is likely exactly what I'm looking for.  :)

:-)

> http://www.3564020356.org/

visually appealing.  sort of lost interest where it said access "all the
information I used to give you".  too .. oblique, right now.

> I'm currently on Riddle #10.

(how many will you have to work out before someone from no-such-agency comes by
with a job offer?!  ;-))

regards, jr.