POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : Finer points of function syntax Server Time
28 Mar 2024 05:27:52 EDT (-0400)
  Finer points of function syntax (Message 1 to 2 of 2)
From: Bald Eagle
Subject: Finer points of function syntax
Date: 23 Jul 2019 16:10:01
Message: <web.5d376884236c0b6e4eec112d0@news.povray.org>
1.   is there a way to define a tuple-style argument to act as the x,y,z for the
function parameters?

Something like #declare _p = ???tuple-thing??? ;

#declare Result = FunctionQ (_p)

2.     With #declare F = function {spline ...........}
I have no problems using #declare I = function {F(FunctionQ(x,y,z)).x}
but when I try to use #declare I = function {F(FunctionQ(X,Y,Z)).x}
I get:
Parse Error: Expected 'parameter identifier or floating-point constant
identifier', } found instead

3. for spline functions, is there a syntax (or a work-around) that allows a
function to be used in the vector definition?

#declare FSpline = function {
 spline {
  linear_spline
    0, <0,   0,   FunctionW (x,y,z)>