POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : Using FFT to construct isosurfaces Server Time
28 Mar 2024 14:43:14 EDT (-0400)
  Using FFT to construct isosurfaces (Message 1 to 2 of 2)
From: Bald Eagle
Subject: Using FFT to construct isosurfaces
Date: 11 Jun 2019 20:10:00
Message: <web.5d0042244af13fec4eec112d0@news.povray.org>
I was noodling around looking to see what was on the web, and I came across
THIS:

https://ciderware.blogspot.com/2016/08/getting-isosurfaces-from-data-grid-into.html

Holy smokes.

I also found these when poking around using that as a lead.

https://www.graphics.cornell.edu/pubs/1994/ML94.pdf

http://listserv.fysik.dtu.dk/pipermail/ase-users/2019-February/004699.html
http://listserv.fysik.dtu.dk/pipermail/ase-users/attachments/20190201/7e2f6e8b/attachment-0002.py

I truly did not enjoy coding in python, but it provides an interesting method
for reducing a[n] [arbitrarily complex] solid object to a function as a
summation of cosine waves.

Dr. Waters said he's using marching cubes now, but I wondered if saving the data
as a df3 then rendering as media or directly as an isosurface would be just as
good.

Searching for plane waves also found me:

https://sites.google.com/a/york.ac.uk/bis_lab/downloads

There are some clever folks out there.  :)

Post a reply to this message