POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : 2D array definition Server Time
28 Mar 2024 06:18:52 EDT (-0400)
  2D array definition (Message 1 to 3 of 3)
From: Bald Eagle
Subject: 2D array definition
Date: 5 Nov 2018 09:10:00
Message: <web.5be04f2e51ae6718765e06870@news.povray.org>
I'd like to create a 2D array.
I know it can't be dynamic, so I need to declare it like
#declare array = array [m][n];

Do I _have_ to now define the _whole_ 2D array, or is there a syntax to define a
single "row" at a time?

#declare Array [3] = {n elements}; isn't allowed, but is there some functional
equivalent?  I'm drawing a blank.

I'll probably have to loop from  Array [3][0] to Array [3][n], won't I?

Post a reply to this message

> I know it can't be dynamic, so I need to declare it like
> #declare array = array [m][n];
>
> Do I _have_ to now define the _whole_ 2D array, or is there a syntax to define a
> single "row" at a time?
>
> #declare Array [3] = {n elements}; isn't allowed, but is there some functional
> equivalent?  I'm drawing a blank.
>
> I'll probably have to loop from  Array [3][0] to Array [3][n], won't I?

You could write a macro to this. But it would be easier just to loop through.

Post a reply to this message