POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : "Exploded" vector transform Server Time
28 Mar 2024 18:30:16 EDT (-0400)
  "Exploded" vector transform (Message 1 to 8 of 8)
From: Bald Eagle
Subject: "Exploded" vector transform
Date: 4 Aug 2017 14:35:00
Message: <web.5984ba54e77d084cc437ac910@news.povray.org>
I'm interested in hearing different people's ideas about how to [evenly] add
space between a group of objects / points.

I was thinking about this from a number of perspectives.

Making / adjusting 'exploded' diagrams like StephenS's recent vise.
Modeling Hubbel's Law with astronomical bodies
Modeling explosions (of course), smoke, steam, etc
creating parameterizable complex objects like brick/stone walls, [possibly]
parallel curves,
and many more, I'm sure

The best I can figure, is translate all of the data (if necessary) so that one
point is the center, and then scalar multiply all the vectors, and then
translate them back to the proper scene location.

Post a reply to this message