POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : Override textures/materials? Server Time
25 Apr 2024 18:20:14 EDT (-0400)
  Override textures/materials? (Message 21 to 30 of 31)
<<< Previous 10 Messages Goto Latest 10 Messages Next 1 Messages >>>
From: clipka
Subject: Re: Override textures/materials?
Date: 19 Jun 2021 20:52:08
Message: <60ce9138$1@news.povray.org>
Am 19.06.2021 um 21:38 schrieb Mike Horvath:

> Would it work better if depth maps were an engine feature versus a bunch
> of tricks/hacks with pigments or fog?

No. It would just be simpler to set up (no tampering with textures,
pigments, fog and/or interiors) while at the same time potentially less
flexible.

(As a matter of fact, if I'm not mistaken older versions of POV-Ray
provided such a feature. At the very least MegaPOV did.)

The caveats I mentioned aren't necessarily problems, just things to be
mindful of, that might require modifications to the process if they
should happen to not exactly be what you need.

Post a reply to this message