POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : glass.inc Server Time
29 Mar 2024 03:54:10 EDT (-0400)
  glass.inc (Message 1 to 4 of 4)
From: Mike Horvath
Subject: glass.inc
Date: 28 Jul 2018 08:23:31
Message: <5b5c6043$1@news.povray.org>
Is there a web page or resource somewhere that gives more verbose
descriptions of all the different material properties in glass.inc?

Thanks.

Post a reply to this message

From: Jim Holsenback
Subject: Re: glass.inc
Date: 28 Jul 2018 09:56:47
Message: <5b5c761f$1@news.povray.org>
On 07/28/2018 08:23 AM, Mike Horvath wrote:
> Is there a web page or resource somewhere that gives more verbose
> descriptions of all the different material properties in glass.inc?
>
> Thanks.

as far as i know there's just:
http://wiki.povray.org/content/Reference:Glass.inc

Post a reply to this message

From: Alain
Date: 28 Jul 2018 11:28:34
Message: <5b5c8ba2$1@news.povray.org>
Le 18-07-28 à 08:23, Mike Horvath a écrit :
> Is there a web page or resource somewhere that gives more verbose
> descriptions of all the different material properties in glass.inc?
>
> Thanks.

The colours at the top with a filter component are for pigments.

Next, you have a number of colours WITHOUT filter. Those are to be used
in the interior block as fade_colour with fade_power 1001 or fade_power 1.
The names looks explicit for me.

The various interiors all need tweaking of the fade_distance and the
addition of a fade_colour unless you want the colour to fade to black.
I don't recommend I_Glass1 as the fade_power is highly unrealistic. You
should use fade_power 1 or fade_power 1001.

Post a reply to this message

On 07/28/2018 09:56 AM, Jim Holsenback wrote:
> On 07/28/2018 08:23 AM, Mike Horvath wrote:
>> Is there a web page or resource somewhere that gives more verbose
>> descriptions of all the different material properties in glass.inc?
>>
>> Thanks.
>

> as far as i know there's just:
> http://wiki.povray.org/content/Reference:Glass.inc

It would be nice if that link was in the top of the file.

--
dik
Rendered 328976 of 330000 (99%)