POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unix : 3.7 Linux beta. : Re: 3.7 Linux beta. Server Time
27 Sep 2024 18:40:30 EDT (-0400)
  Re: 3.7 Linux beta.
From: Jim Henderson
Date: 10 Aug 2006 12:22:22
Message: <pan.2006.08.10.16.22.20.929844@nospam.com>
On Thu, 10 Aug 2006 12:17:13 -0400, Warp wrote:

> Why in windows it's ok for povray
> to automatically use all available CPUs but in linux it's not?

The thing that I would be led to wonder is if using /proc/cpuinfo is an
x86 thing or if that's portable for Linux across all the platforms the
kernel can be built on.  Does S/390 support providing that info?  PPC?
zSeries?

I don't know the answer to that - but I'd suspect if it's not portable
across platforms, that might be the reason why.

Jim