POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Website/forum link colors : Re: Website/forum link colors Server Time
20 Apr 2024 02:41:22 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Website/forum link colors
From: Jim Henderson
Date: 15 Aug 2022 14:11:54
Message: <pan$abb54$ec283654$688cf9f9$dfa9c045@nospam.com>
On Mon, 15 Aug 2022 13:57:48 EDT, Bald Eagle wrote:

> Le_Forgeron <jgr### [at] freefr> wrote:
>
>> Looking at the page http://www.povray.org/
>>

>> I see dull blue for explored links, full blue for not yet explored
>> links.
>>
>> #5555aa vs #0000ff, from styles-fixed.css (a:visited vs a:link)
>>
>> (Investigation done with Firefox)
>>
>> I agree, the difference is very small. What is the current consensus on
>> html link's colors ?
>
> Thank you for looking into this Jerome.
> I think that making all of the link text bold, might give a larger area
> of color for the eye to make a comparison with.
>
> Also, or alternatively, a more desaturated blue, or just a middle gray
> color for the visited link would help to enhance the contrast between
> the two types of links.
>
> Or maybe just a very dark blue vs a very light blue.
>
> Anything would work, so long as they are easily differentiated.  I
> honestly don't care if we use black and white or green and red.   ;)

It seems that for accessibility reasons, the colours in use should not be
closely related, but should be (as Bald Eagle says) "easily
differentiated".  Two different shades of blue for people with various
colour-blindness could be problematic.  I don't have such an impairment,
but the two different shades of blue are still pretty difficult to
distinguish at a glance.