POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : I cannot update my GitHub repo : Re: I cannot update my GitHub repo Server Time
23 Apr 2024 20:03:38 EDT (-0400)
  Re: I cannot update my GitHub repo
From: Jim Henderson
Date: 18 Feb 2022 11:43:11
Message: <pan$76ab9$ee3a0e04$371325e$837fcf3c@nospam.com>
On Thu, 17 Feb 2022 21:57:05 -0500, Dick Balaska wrote:

> It wasn't the repo that you stuffed, it was just that workspace.

This is a really important point.  Even if you push bad changes to the
repo, it's actually pretty hard to "break" the repo beyond repair,
because you can almost always check out a known good commit (the only
time you can't is when you've done something like a hard reset locally
and then pushed IIRC, but even then it may be recoverable).

That's one of the really nice things about using source code management
systems.