POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.tools.poser : no preview : Re: no preview Server Time
24 Apr 2024 04:50:26 EDT (-0400)
  Re: no preview
From: Nekar Xenos
Date: 8 Oct 2014 00:43:18
Message: <op.xnd915jlufxv4h@xena.home>
On Wed, 08 Oct 2014 05:48:56 +0200, FlyerX <fly### [at] yahoocom> wrote:

kar,

> Seems that PoseRay is not reading the lights properly from the Poser
> scene. Since I rarely use the light setup from Poser anymore I did not
> see this bug.
>
> A workaround for now is, after importing the lights from Poser, is to
> set all lights to have a fade distance of 1 unit (assuming the scaling
> when importing the scene was left at 103.2). Then scale all intensities
> by 10000. That should give you a light setup that matches closer to the
> Poser scene. I may need to test this conversion further but it gave me
> good results with some test scenes.
>
> To set the same fade distance for all lights change the value in the
> lights section, right click on the text box and select apply to all
> lights. The intensity scale for all lights is at the bottom of the
> lights section. Just enter 10000 and press apply. The multipliers for
> each light will be very large after that.
>
> Another workaround is to not import the lights from Poser (uncheck the
> option in the Poser scene import dialog) and set them up in PoseRay. The
> scene will load with a default light always attached to the camera. To
> control the camera light intensity just play with the total intensity
> value in the lights section.
>
> Until recently I wrongly assumed the fade distance was the distance at
> which most of the light faded away. In reality it is the distance at
> which the light starts to fade. For a world in inches (if the import
> scale was 103.2) A light source could be easily 2 inches across (a light
> bulb). Since the source is at the center of the bulb then the distance
> to start fading is 1 inch. I may still have this definition wrong but
> seems to make more sense and works.
>
> I will issue a permanent fix for this in the next update.
>
> FlyerX

Thanks, FlyerX

I would like my units to be in meters so Then my scaling would have to be
2.62128.
Attached is a screenshot of what thedisplay looks like after I loaded the
scene into PoseRay.
Thinking that maybe the scene is too much to handle, I disabled SSLT and
radiosity, resulting in very dark renders. Today I tried the default quick
sslt setting and it rendered fine in Pov-Ray, but still no display on
PoseRay. I've tried with and without hardware acceleration with no change.
Removing the lights asnd adding others also makes no difference.

I need to see where each texture is on the model for my scene and now I
can't because PoseRay doesn't show anything.

I have a 2.6 GHz Q9400 Intel QuadCore with 4Gb RAM and a 1Gb ATI 5770 and
I am running Windows7 Ultimate.

--
-Nekar Xenos-

Post a reply to this message