POV-Ray : Newsgroups : moray.win : Moray Registration Key Server Time
18 Apr 2024 03:04:12 EDT (-0400)
  Moray Registration Key (Message 11 to 16 of 16)
From: Tim Cook
Subject: Re: Moray Registration Key
Date: 28 Sep 2007 17:24:38
Message: <46fd7116$1@news.povray.org>
Txemi Jendrix wrote:
> I can run Moray in Vista, that's not the problem. The problem is that I
> cannot run povray 3.5 in Vista so I can't render directly from Moray and I
> can't use the material editor.

Really?  POV 3.5 works fine in Vista for me.  Sure, it hangs Moray if I
try to render from Moray without POV being open first, but if I close
and restart Moray it's fine.

--
Tim Cook
http://home.bellsouth.net/p/PWP-empyrean

Post a reply to this message

From: Tim Cook
Date: 28 Sep 2007 17:31:47
Message: <46fd72c3$1@news.povray.org>
Warp wrote:
>   Microsoft has already demonstrated how incredibly powerful they are
> and how dependent hardware manufacturers are on them when they released
> the requirement specs for certain hardware to work properly in Vista
> (most prominently display hardware), and the hardware manufacturers
> have had no other option than to submit and to spend money and resources
> in creating compatible hardware.
>
>   I think there's something very wrong when one single company can
> dictate what a myriad of other companies must do, lest they make a
> financial suicide. That sounds illegal. Monopoly laws anyone?

I call BS.  Microsoft hardly forces anyone to write programs that just
run on Windows; everybody just decides that they won't support other
OSes.  The could if they wanted.  They're the ones choosing not to.
I think it's wrong when a myriad of other companies can dictate what one
single company is allowed to do with their own product.  Don't like
where MS is going?  Switch to *nix or make Steve Jobs all giddy by going
Mac en masse.  MS'll get the point.