POV-Ray : Newsgroups : moray.win : Puzzling... Server Time
16 Apr 2024 13:03:57 EDT (-0400)
  Puzzling... (Message 1 to 6 of 6)
From: Thomas de Groot
Subject: Puzzling...
Date: 22 Aug 2006 03:44:16
Message: <44eab5d0@news.povray.org>
Something has been baffling me for some time now: the use of search paths,
in particular for plugins. I would like to keep my plugins in a separate
directory so that I do not have to reload them each individually when - for
whatever reason - Moray has to be upgraded, re-installed or whatever.

However, this does not work. The plugins never appear that way, only if they
are in Moray\Plugin directory. If this is normal behaviour, it should not be
made available in the search paths.

I am not sure, but I seem to remember that other seach paths did not work as
expected... I don't remember which ones  :-(

Thomas

Post a reply to this message

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\SoftTronics\Moray For Windows\Config

For me it's:

C:\Tools\Moray3.5\Plugins\

You might change that, but it seems that moray is not happy with
different plugins in different folders, if that's what you try to achieve.

Greets
Arne

Thomas de Groot schrieb:
> Something has been baffling me for some time now: the use of search paths,
> in particular for plugins. I would like to keep my plugins in a separate
> directory so that I do not have to reload them each individually when - for
> whatever reason - Moray has to be upgraded, re-installed or whatever.
>
> However, this does not work. The plugins never appear that way, only if they
> are in Moray\Plugin directory. If this is normal behaviour, it should not be
> made available in the search paths.
>
> I am not sure, but I seem to remember that other seach paths did not work as
> expected... I don't remember which ones  :-(
>
> Thomas

Post a reply to this message

"Arne Kleinophorst" <kle### [at] spamdebitelnet> schreef in bericht
> The Plugin-Path is in the registry at:
>
> HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\SoftTronics\Moray For Windows\Config
>
> For me it's:
>
> C:\Tools\Moray3.5\Plugins\
>
> You might change that, but it seems that moray is not happy with different
> plugins in different folders, if that's what you try to achieve.

Yes indeed, that is what I thought possible, as it seemed suggested by the
path option.

Thomas

Post a reply to this message

> "Arne Kleinophorst" <kle### [at] spamdebitelnet> schreef in bericht
>> The Plugin-Path is in the registry at:
>>
>> HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\SoftTronics\Moray For Windows\Config
>>
>> For me it's:
>>
>> C:\Tools\Moray3.5\Plugins\
>>
>> You might change that, but it seems that moray is not happy with different
>> plugins in different folders, if that's what you try to achieve.
>>

> Yes indeed, that is what I thought possible, as it seemed suggested by the
> path option.
>
> Thomas

AFAIK this is only possible for the scenes, textures, objects.

However, after another look at the Registry, where all the paths are
stored in the file selector, it might be possible. You could try to
enter multiple paths there, but I'm not sure how Moray will handle them.

Greets
Arne

Post a reply to this message