POV-Ray : Newsgroups : moray.win : New Website Online Server Time
23 Apr 2024 23:32:41 EDT (-0400)
  New Website Online (Message 1 to 10 of 21)
From: Steve Shelby
Subject: New Website Online
Date: 23 Mar 2005 11:00:45
Message: <424192ad$1@news.povray.org>
Hi,
I've been using POVray along with Moray for a while, and I finally decided
to put up a website to display my better efforts. Any feedback you could
offer would be greatly appreciated. The url is http://www.shelbyvision.com
SteveShelby

Post a reply to this message

From: StephenS
Subject: Re: New Website Online
Date: 23 Mar 2005 16:56:04
Message: <4241e5f4@news.povray.org>
> Hi,
> I've been using POVray along with Moray for a while, and I finally decided
> to put up a website to display my better efforts. Any feedback you could
> offer would be greatly appreciated. The url is http://www.shelbyvision.com
> SteveShelby

Oh my, I've made somebody's link page :-)
... Chest begins to inflate ...
... Head begins to swell ...

I like the roomscene page; unless you were planning on other languages of
your site, I would use this page as the default page.

Stephen

Post a reply to this message

From: Steve Shelby
Date: 23 Mar 2005 23:09:10
Message: <42423d66$1@news.povray.org>
"StephenS" <sshonfield(at)ottawa(dot)net> wrote in message
-> Oh my, I've made somebody's link page :-)
> ... Chest begins to inflate ...
> ... Head begins to swell ...

Soon you will be rich and famous!

> I like the roomscene page; unless you were planning on other languages of
> your site, I would use this page as the default page.
>
> Stephen

The roomscene page is the one I have set as the "home" link at the top of
each page, but I think the keyhole page is just kind of fun, and I think
anyone who can use a mouse can figure it out, even if they can't read the
words.
Steve

Post a reply to this message

From: Thomas de Groot
Date: 24 Mar 2005 03:47:06
Message: <42427e8a@news.povray.org>
I like your website Steve! Good work. The keyhole is perfect. Keeps out dumb
people ;-)
Your traditional media reminds me of the Arts and Crafts work, and has
something Middle Earthish. Very nice and powerful.

Thomas

"Steve Shelby" <ssh### [at] shelbyvisioncom> schreef in bericht
> Hi,
> I've been using POVray along with Moray for a while, and I finally decided
> to put up a website to display my better efforts. Any feedback you could
> offer would be greatly appreciated. The url is http://www.shelbyvision.com
> SteveShelby

Post a reply to this message

From: Arne Kleinophorst
Date: 24 Mar 2005 08:37:14
Message: <4242c28a$1@news.povray.org>
The head in Moray is cool!
I've tried something similar but finally gave up.
Great Work. Some chances to see some source?

Greets
Arne

> "Steve Shelby" <ssh### [at] shelbyvisioncom> schreef in bericht
>
>>Hi,
>>I've been using POVray along with Moray for a while, and I finally decided
>>to put up a website to display my better efforts. Any feedback you could
>>offer would be greatly appreciated. The url is http://www.shelbyvision.com
>>SteveShelby

Post a reply to this message

From: Steve Shelby
Date: 24 Mar 2005 08:49:11
Message: <4242c557$1@news.povray.org>
"Thomas de Groot" <t.d### [at] internlnet> wrote in message
>I like your website Steve! Good work. The keyhole is perfect. Keeps out
>dumb
> people ;-)

My thoughts exactly!

> Your traditional media reminds me of the Arts and Crafts work, and has
> something Middle Earthish. Very nice and powerful.
>
> Thomas

Thank you. I had been away from the art world for almost 30 years before I
started making those pieces. I think they are as purely "me" as possible,
since I never look at anyone else's work. I just strive for total honesty;
that is, honesty to the material, to "natural" forms, and the process by
which the metal is formed.
Steve

Post a reply to this message

From: Steve Shelby
Date: 24 Mar 2005 09:18:56
Message: <4242cc50@news.povray.org>
"Arne Kleinophorst" <kle### [at] spamdebitelnet> wrote in message
> The head in Moray is cool!
> I've tried something similar but finally gave up.
> Great Work. Some chances to see some source?
>
> Greets
> Arne

Thank you. I spent weeks on that head. Sometime I hope to tackle the hair
problem, but I know that will also take weeks of my time, and I don't think
it can be done in Moray.
I posted the source in moray.binaries.
Steve

Post a reply to this message

From: Thomas de Groot
Date: 25 Mar 2005 03:05:03
Message: <4243c62f@news.povray.org>

> Thank you. I had been away from the art world for almost 30 years before I
> started making those pieces. I think they are as purely "me" as possible,
> since I never look at anyone else's work. I just strive for total honesty;
> that is, honesty to the material, to "natural" forms, and the process by
> which the metal is formed.
> Steve

Yes, one can see that in your work. It is a philosophy that I am familiar
with, one that I try to follow in life.

Thomas

Post a reply to this message

From: Stefan Persson
Date: 25 Mar 2005 19:55:04
Message: <4244b2e8$1@news.povray.org>
Nice to see a page that focus on Moray..
and not just POV-Ray.. enough paw-coders
out there.. IMHO ;)

The only thing I might have an oppinion on is
the change in themes on the different pages..
A nice little touch would be to keep the
first theme (not the keyhole one..) on all
pages.. just a suggestion..

Any chanse that you could keep a repository
of models? I don't mean to be disrespectful,
but the official Moray page somewhat.. ehr.. lacks
updates..

Looking forward to see your page develop :)

Regards,
Stefan

"Steve Shelby" <ssh### [at] shelbyvisioncom> skrev i meddelandet
> Hi,
> I've been using POVray along with Moray for a while, and I finally decided
> to put up a website to display my better efforts. Any feedback you could
> offer would be greatly appreciated. The url is http://www.shelbyvision.com
> SteveShelby

Post a reply to this message

From: Steve Shelby
Date: 28 Mar 2005 12:37:43
Message: <424840e7$1@news.povray.org>
"Stefan Persson" <azy### [at] hotmailcom> wrote in message
> Nice to see a page that focus on Moray..
> and not just POV-Ray.. enough paw-coders
> out there.. IMHO ;)

Thank you. I agree, there really isn't much mention of Moray out there.

> The only thing I might have an oppinion on is
> the change in themes on the different pages..
> A nice little touch would be to keep the
> first theme (not the keyhole one..) on all
> pages.. just a suggestion..

Good suggestion. I might do that eventually, maybe one page at a time, since
it takes so much time.

> Any chanse that you could keep a repository
> of models? I don't mean to be disrespectful,
> but the official Moray page somewhat.. ehr.. lacks
> updates..
>
> Looking forward to see your page develop :)
>
> Regards,
> Stefan

Do you mean a place where Moray users could upload their mdl files? I could
do that; I'd have to create a new page for it and set up an ftp site. No big
problem.
Steve