POV-Ray : Newsgroups : moray.win : [Announce]: POVInclude Version 1.0 Server Time
19 Apr 2024 15:49:44 EDT (-0400)
  [Announce]: POVInclude Version 1.0 (Message 1 to 6 of 6)
From: Neil Kolban
Subject: [Announce]: POVInclude Version 1.0
Date: 26 Dec 2004 01:44:35
Message: <41ce5dd3@news.povray.org>
Folks,
With pleasure (and some trepidation) I release POVInclude Version 1.0 - a
new Plugin for Moray.  Through POVInclude you can include POV Ray include
files in your Moray scene and have them shown as wire frame boxes for
re-size and other effects making them visible in the overall Moray views.

The plugin and full documentation can be found:

http://www.kolban.com/3d/POVInclude.htm

Neil

Post a reply to this message

> With pleasure (and some trepidation) I release POVInclude Version 1.0 - a
> new Plugin for Moray.  Through POVInclude you can include POV Ray include
> files in your Moray scene and have them shown as wire frame boxes for
> re-size and other effects making them visible in the overall Moray views.
>
> The plugin and full documentation can be found:
>
> http://www.kolban.com/3d/POVInclude.htm
>
> Neil

I downloaded it but I'll have no time to test it before some days
The documentation looks very complete and well done :)
Thank you
Marc

Post a reply to this message

From: leseur sylvain
Date: 26 Dec 2004 13:32:20
Message: <41cf03b4@news.povray.org>
Thanks a lot Neil! ;0)

But

With  Millenium:
"K PovInclude" appears on the Menu
but Fig 1, and at the end of the
list not in alphabetical order.
On create tab nothing happen when
clik on...

With XP:
I can't find   "K PovInclude" on
the list in the menu.
Appear on create tab nothing happen
when clik on...

If that can help you.
Friendly
Sylvain

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'fig1.jpg' (18 KB)

Preview of image 'fig1.jpg'
fig1.jpg

From: Neil Kolban
Date: 26 Dec 2004 14:14:55
Message: <41cf0daf$1@news.povray.org>
Sylvain,
Thanks for the feedback my friend.  Am on vacation this week and have time
to make fixes.

I will assume "Millennium" means Windows 2000?  I have been testing under
Windows XP.

I can't reproduce the problem you describe.  The screen shot ... what were
you trying to show me there?

Do you have Moray V3.5 Build 9330?  See the Help->About menu.

In the "Create Tab" did I understand the nothing at all happens?  Go to the
select tab... is there a "POVInclude" object?

Neil

"leseur.sylvain" <les### [at] wanadoofr> wrote in message
> Thanks a lot Neil! ;0)
>
> But
>
> With  Millenium:
> "K PovInclude" appears on the Menu
> but Fig 1, and at the end of the
> list not in alphabetical order.
> On create tab nothing happen when
> clik on...
>

> With XP:
> I can't find   "K PovInclude" on
> the list in the menu.
> Appear on create tab nothing happen
> when clik on...
>
> If that can help you.
> Friendly
> Sylvain

Post a reply to this message

From: leseur sylvain
Date: 26 Dec 2004 15:00:03
Message: <41cf1843@news.povray.org>
>Sylvain,
>Thanks for the feedback my friend.  Am on vacation this week and have time
>to make fixes.
Ok Thanks.

>I will assume "Millennium" means Windows 2000?
No, Millennium Edition 4.90.3000. Just after Win 98 SE

>I can't reproduce the problem you describe.  The screen shot ... what were
>you trying to show me there?
When I click in Menu/Plugin Oject  list   and    "K PocInclude" this
message appear.... DXF! Why?

>Do you have Moray V3.5 Build 9330?  See the Help->About menu.
Yes

>I have been testing under Windows XP.
>In the "Create Tab" did I understand the nothing at all happens?  Go to the
>select tab... is there a "POVInclude" object?
Nothing appear on select tab...

>Neil

Tomorow I try to make a better work.
Friendly
Sylvain

> Folks,
> With pleasure (and some trepidation) I release POVInclude Version 1.0 - a
> new Plugin for Moray.  Through POVInclude you can include POV Ray include
> files in your Moray scene and have them shown as wire frame boxes for
> re-size and other effects making them visible in the overall Moray views.
>
> The plugin and full documentation can be found:
>
> http://www.kolban.com/3d/POVInclude.htm
>
> Neil

Post a reply to this message

From: Steve Shelby
Date: 27 Dec 2004 09:17:32
Message: <41d0197c$1@news.povray.org>
"Neil Kolban" <kol### [at] kolbancom> wrote in message
> Folks,
> With pleasure (and some trepidation) I release POVInclude Version 1.0 - a
> new Plugin for Moray.  Through POVInclude you can include POV Ray include
> files in your Moray scene and have them shown as wire frame boxes for
> re-size and other effects making them visible in the overall Moray views.
>
> The plugin and full documentation can be found:
>
> http://www.kolban.com/3d/POVInclude.htm
>
> Neil

Neil,
Thanks for the fine work! I downloaded and installed the new plugin and
played with it for a while. I can see that it should be very useful. I have
Windows XP and Moray 3.5, build 9330. Here are my comments so far:
1. When using "Browse" to find the inc file, it would be nice if there were
something in the box, "Files of type:". if it could be limited to just inc
files, it would make it easier to find the file.
2. Moray will not allow me to add the POVInclude object to a CSG or group.
When I try, it gives me one of the following: "This object does not support
being added to a CSG object." or "CSG Objects may only use finite primitives
or other CSG objects." Hmmm, I just realized, maybe it's because the inc
file I used is an object of the wrong type?
3. If I try to use Moray's Duplicate dialogue box, it does not allow me to
use the "Create References" feature, and also, the duplicates have no box.
I hope this is useful to you.
Steve Shelby