POV-Ray : Newsgroups : moray.win : Questions/problems with scaling textures on shapes ... Server Time
25 Apr 2024 05:52:50 EDT (-0400)
  Questions/problems with scaling textures on shapes ... (Message 1 to 6 of 6)
From: Neil Kolban
Subject: Questions/problems with scaling textures on shapes ...
Date: 4 Dec 2004 23:20:50
Message: <41b28ca2@news.povray.org>
Folks,
consider the following.

A is a 4x4x4 scaled cube
B is two 1x1x1 cubes in a CSG Union then the CSG scaled by 4x4x4
C is two 4x4x4 cubes in a CSG Union
D is an 8x4x4 scaled cube

The same texture has been applied to all the high level shapes (A -
cube, B - CSG, C -CSG, D - cube)

What I am trying to achieve is 'D' but for the CSG created objects (they
won't always be simple cubes).  I can see that I can create D for CSG
created entities by creating multiple materials and scaling them for
each shape but what I want is one material and not have to have multiple
copies.

In summary, I guess I am needing some pointers to the relationship
between scaling and materials, especially when applied to CSGs.

Any help appreciated.

Neil

Post a reply to this message

Attachments: