POV-Ray : Newsgroups : moray.win : Problem with PoseRay materials and Moray/POV Ray Server Time
25 Apr 2024 19:48:44 EDT (-0400)
  Problem with PoseRay materials and Moray/POV Ray (Message 1 to 1 of 1)
From: Neil Kolban
Subject: Problem with PoseRay materials and Moray/POV Ray
Date: 22 Nov 2004 15:35:22
Message: <41a24d8a$1@news.povray.org>
Folks,
I am using PoseRay to import .3ds files and export as UDO for Moray.  I want
to modify the materials so change the settings in PoseRay before export.
When I include the generate UDO in Moray and attempt to generate a scene, I
get a POV Ray error that reads:

material {

   Brass_Metal <----- ERROR

Parse Error: No matching } in 'material', texture identifier found instead

My scene is trivial ... I have a sphere with a Brass_Metal applied material.
I can render this perfectly.  Now I include the UDO exported from PoseRay,
and I get the error ... but not in the UDI but in the sphere (or other
object).  If I remove the one other object and leave just the UDO, all works
(the UDO is rendered).

If I re-add the object, it works again ... because now the object occurs
before the UDO in scene file!!

If I remove the UDO and re-add it, we fail once more...

Here is the section of code ... if I flip the Object (including include) and
Sphere, it works ... otherwise the error above ...

Neil

//
// ********  OBJECTS  *******
//

#include "C:\Documents and Settings\kolban\My Documents\My
3D\Models\Include\furniture 32_moray.inc"

object {
  Poseray_scene_object
  rotate 90.0*x
}