POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.macintosh : Render Benchmark fails : Re: Render Benchmark fails Server Time
25 Apr 2024 19:07:28 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Render Benchmark fails
From: kurtz le pirate
Date: 15 Dec 2004 13:18:36
Message: <kurtzlepirate-7D4C56.19183515122004@news.povray.org>
In article <web.41c068b5ed5a1d196ec2f6860@news.povray.org>,
 "Mr. Shawn H. Corey" <sha### [at] sympaticoca> wrote:

>>When I select Render Benchmark from the Render menu I get:
>>
>>Possible Parse Error: Could not find file 'functions.inc'
>>
>>File benchmark.pov line 3
>>Parse Error: Cannot open include file functions.inc.
>>
>>File benchmark.pov line 3
>>Parse Warning: Check that the file is in a directory specifed with a +L
>>switch or 'Library_Path='
>>..INI item. Standard include files are in the include directory or folder.
>>Please read your
>>documentation carefully.
>>
>>File benchmark.pov line 3
>>Total Scene Processing Times
>>  Parse Time:    0 hours  0 minutes  0 seconds (0 seconds)
>>  Photon Time:   0 hours  0 minutes  0 seconds (0 seconds)
>>  Render Time:   0 hours  0 minutes  0 seconds (0 seconds)
>>  Total Time:    0 hours  0 minutes  0 seconds (0 seconds)
>>
>>I have checked the directory and functions.inc is there. How do I fix this?
>>
>>   --- Shawn
>>
>>POV-Ray for Mac OS Shell 3.6.0 Build 0197 (Mac CodeWarrior 3.2.2)
>>Compiled Jul 25 2004
>>
>>Mac OS X 10.2.8

just tell to povray where inludes files are :

  - Menu Edit -> Preferences
  - In "POV-Ray Application Preferences" windows, select "Scenes" tab.
  - Under "Include Paths" box, clic "Add..." button.
  - with the browser, locate your pov-ray include files folder and
    clic "Choose"
  - Now in "Include Paths" box, you can see the include files path.

  that's all... but READ THE DOC.

  have fun.
  klp