POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.programming : A common povray source tree ? : Re: A common povray source tree ? Server Time
27 Sep 2024 03:34:24 EDT (-0400)
  Re: A common povray source tree ?
From: Peter Popov
Date: 16 Feb 2003 11:02:58
Message: <kbdv4vsc9j3crsrg2u472l50qhsrjsr0lr@4ax.com>
On Thu, 13 Feb 2003 23:19:24 -0500, Mark Wagner
<mar### [at] gtenet> wrote:

>I don't think you could even successfully uncompress some of the
>Mac-specific files on a Unix system, and I *know* you can't successfully
>unarchive them on a Windows system.

That may actually not be true. AFAIK, NTFS at least can store the Mac
resource fork just fine. I know WinRAR can store NTFS-specific
information within the archives, so I suppose a) that a similar
version for Mac may be able to do that, too and b) using RAR archives
may be a way to exchange data seamlessly between Windows and Macs. Not
to mention that Windows and Mac work well in a LAN.

Peter Popov ICQ : 15002700
Personal e-mail : pet### [at] vipbg