POV-Ray : Newsgroups : irtc.animations : Frame size creates difficulty for viewers : Re: Frame size creates difficulty for viewers Server Time
31 Aug 2024 18:39:44 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Frame size creates difficulty for viewers
From: Jerry
Date: 16 Aug 2000 11:07:12
Message: <jerry-8757AE.08071216082000@news.povray.org>
In article <399### [at] erolscom>, John VanSickle
<van### [at] erolscom> wrote:
>There is one option for QT that I detest.  Apparently a QT file can
>contain nothing more than a bit of code that itself downloads the
>actual anim.  This adds no value to the process; all it does is
>give the software one more opportunity to break.

This is a very useful feature for dynamic information (such as live
feeds). QT can't really be blamed because some other idiots (LOTR comes
to mind) don't realize that their static information is not a live feed.
(I don't know how many times I've re-downloaded the LOTR trailer wasting
their bandwidth.)

If Apple had not added that feature, they would not be able to compete
with Real (which as far as I can tell *only* works like that, and that's
why news organizations like it).

Jerry