POV-Ray : Newsgroups : irtc.general : IRTC TechRules for submissions Server Time
19 Apr 2024 19:31:15 EDT (-0400)
  IRTC TechRules for submissions (Message 1 to 1 of 1)
From: JeffBTX
Subject: IRTC TechRules for submissions
Date: 12 Jul 2009 10:50:01
Message: <web.4a59f75c5d58aa655bf61e850@news.povray.org>
I've never submitted to the IRTC; never did any serious high quality work (at
least on time...)

One thing I noticed on the "new" IRTC is that there are no submissions rules
(technical) posted. I'm not sure, but I THINK I remember the "old" IRTC having
technical rules posted.

Still Images: Format? Strictly JPEG? BMP, PNG, TGA (compressed / uncompressed)?
Still Image Size Restrictions (max AND min): Just in case someone tries to
submit a Zillion x Billion uncompressed TGA, or a 50 x 50 JPEG (you never
know...).

Animations. Strictly MPEG (MPG? Is the MPG extension OK?)? AVI, WMV, FLV, MP4?
You never know, someone might insist that his animated GIF should be accepted
as an animation. Best to clear it up now.

Animation size? Is a super high definition 1920000 x 108000 MPEG created with
some exotic application Ok?

Soundtracks. Animations with sound OK? If so, what are the technical parameter
restrictions?

If other-than-mpeg is allowed (I'm guessing not though) some thought should be
made to posting guidelines on codecs.

There should probably be a clear link on the IRTC homepage with very clear and
definitive submission rules. Just a thought.