POV-Ray : Newsgroups : irtc.general : Voting Experience Server Time
24 Apr 2024 22:32:23 EDT (-0400)
  Voting Experience (Message 1 to 3 of 3)
From: clipka
Subject: Voting Experience
Date: 8 Jul 2009 14:30:00
Message: <web.4a54e4c3bac8e93cde52d56d0@news.povray.org>
Hate it.

Trying to view the image in full scale while writing a comment causes the
comment to be lost. Yuck. Maybe open a new window instead?!

Entering the comment first, and then deciding on the rating, results in the
comment being lost, too. Yuck again.

Viewing all the images results in the session timing out, even if I don't spend
very much time per image. Rrrargh. I honestly must say that to me the login
handling concept feels like total crap, this has been annoying me ever since.
Give us users more time, jeez! Plus, log us on automatically next time.
Please.

I'm writing this while voting - but I guess I need to log in again after
finisning this posting...
.... yup, I need to indeed. Yuck, once more.

Post a reply to this message

Forgot to mention: I *do* like the voting concept in general.

An overview of how I voted for each shot would be nice to have. Maybe sorted
according to my voting. And as you're on it, maybe with a way to adjust my vote
for any shot with just a single click.

Post a reply to this message

> Trying to view the image in full scale while writing a comment causes the
> comment to be lost. Yuck. Maybe open a new window instead?!
>
> Entering the comment first, and then deciding on the rating, results in the
> comment being lost, too. Yuck again.
>
> Viewing all the images results in the session timing out, even if I don't spend
> very much time per image. Rrrargh. I honestly must say that to me the login
> handling concept feels like total crap, this has been annoying me ever since.
> Give us users more time, jeez! Plus, log us on automatically next time.
> Please.
>
> I'm writing this while voting - but I guess I need to log in again after
> finisning this posting...
> .... yup, I need to indeed. Yuck, once more.

Ok, points taken.  I'm sorry to disappoint you.  Please keep in mind
that I'm one developer volunteering my spare time on this project when I
have other (paying) work that also needs to get done.

I have another volunteer who will be helping with the software
development. Hopefully with the two of us, we'll be able to make the
changes faster.

In the meantime, it would help to have a less negative attitude from
people who aren't volunteering their valuable spare time to provide a
free service which has been out of service for far too long.

David Buck