POV-Ray : Newsgroups : irtc.general : IRTC session timeouts Server Time
19 Apr 2024 20:18:41 EDT (-0400)
  IRTC session timeouts (Message 1 to 9 of 9)
From: David Buck
Subject: IRTC session timeouts
Date: 30 Jun 2009 20:10:55
Message: <4a4aa98f$1@news.povray.org>
I'm getting a few report of session timeouts while submitting.  I've
increased the timeouts to 30 minutes.  That should help out.

David Buck

Post a reply to this message

From: Tek
Subject: Re: IRTC session timeouts
Date: 1 Jul 2009 14:22:40
Message: <4a4ba970@news.povray.org>
"David Buck" <dav### [at] simberoncom> wrote in message
> I'm getting a few report of session timeouts while submitting.  I've
> increased the timeouts to 30 minutes.  That should help out.

Why does it need to time-out at all?
It's not like there's a major risk of a security violation if someone else
uses my PC and it's still logged in is there.

It took me more than 30 mins to decide what I wanted to write in the
description section (I was watching TV & cooking, not just writing!).

--
Tek
http://evilsuperbrain.com

Post a reply to this message

"Tek" <tek### [at] evilsuperbraincom> wrote:
> "David Buck" <dav### [at] simberoncom> wrote in message
> > I'm getting a few report of session timeouts while submitting.  I've
> > increased the timeouts to 30 minutes.  That should help out.
>
> Why does it need to time-out at all?
> It's not like there's a major risk of a security violation if someone else
> uses my PC and it's still logged in is there.

Seconded.

Post a reply to this message

On Wed, 01 Jul 2009 19:22:40 +0100, Tek wrote:

> "David Buck" <dav### [at] simberoncom> wrote in message
>> I'm getting a few report of session timeouts while submitting.  I've
>> increased the timeouts to 30 minutes.  That should help out.
>
> Why does it need to time-out at all?
> It's not like there's a major risk of a security violation if someone
> else uses my PC and it's still logged in is there.
>
> It took me more than 30 mins to decide what I wanted to write in the
> description section (I was watching TV & cooking, not just writing!).

At a guess, it's not a cookie timeout, but a connection-to-the-server
timeout.

Jim

Post a reply to this message