POV-Ray : Newsgroups : irtc.animations : Where to find MPEG1 freeware? Server Time
29 Mar 2024 10:44:00 EDT (-0400)
  Where to find MPEG1 freeware? (Message 1 to 9 of 9)
From: Mike the Elder
Subject: Where to find MPEG1 freeware?
Date: 14 Mar 2006 14:00:00
Message: <web.44171182cb5dd5655a8888d90@news.povray.org>
Checking out the "Resources" section of the POVRay site has led to a maze of
old and often expired links.  I'm hoping some kind soul can point me to a
current link to a freware program that can assemble POVRay generated frames
into the type of MPEG1 file that the ITRC animation contest requires.
Recommendations and/or warnings in regard to particular programs would also
be most welcome.  Thanks!

Post a reply to this message

> Checking out the "Resources" section of the POVRay site has led to a maze
of
> old and often expired links.  I'm hoping some kind soul can point me to a
> current link to a freware program that can assemble POVRay generated
frames
> into the type of MPEG1 file that the ITRC animation contest requires.
> Recommendations and/or warnings in regard to particular programs would
also
> be most welcome.  Thanks!

This what I and a couple of others use:
http://www.tmpgenc.net/

It's great, via the File -> Output to File -> Avi you can even output to
Divx or something else if you've got the Codec installed. Pretty simple and
clean application, I really recommend it.

Regards,
Tim

--
aka "Tim Nikias v2.0"
Homepage: <http://www.nolights.de>

Post a reply to this message

"Tim Nikias" <JUSTTHELOWERCASE:timISNOTnikias(at)gmx.netWARE> wrote:

> This what I and a couple of others use:
> http://www.tmpgenc.net/
>
> It's great, via the File -> Output to File -> Avi you can even output to
> Divx or something else if you've got the Codec installed. Pretty simple and
> clean application, I really recommend it.
>
> Regards,
> Tim
>
> --
> aka "Tim Nikias v2.0"
> Homepage: <http://www.nolights.de>

Post a reply to this message

> Checking out the "Resources" section of the POVRay site has led to a maze of
> old and often expired links.  I'm hoping some kind soul can point me to a
> current link to a freware program that can assemble POVRay generated frames
> into the type of MPEG1 file that the ITRC animation contest requires.
> Recommendations and/or warnings in regard to particular programs would also
> be most welcome.  Thanks!

Which OS ?
My crystal ball is blurred, I cannot see well your computer...

--
Eifersucht ist die Leidenschaft, die mit Eifer sucht, was Leiden
schafft.

Eco: -8.75 Soc: -6.72
http://www.politicalcompass.org/

Post a reply to this message