POV-Ray : Newsgroups : irtc.animations : Best concept ever for "Inventions" round Server Time
24 Apr 2024 21:11:11 EDT (-0400)
  Best concept ever for "Inventions" round (Message 1 to 1 of 1)
From: gregjohn
Subject: Best concept ever for "Inventions" round
Date: 26 Jan 2006 12:00:00
Message: <web.43d8ff98fc9d036140d56c170@news.povray.org>
I didn't enter because I had a host of technical difficulties trying to
upgrade two different boxes to linux, personal life, yadayadayada.

About a day before the deadline, I had the best idea.  I heard that Steve
Balmer of Microsoft at one time said that ipod owners were theives because
they were carrying around stolen music.  That gave me an idea.  Someone
invents a Great Thing and suddenly gets in trouble with The Man for
violating a software patent, some false claim of ownership or theft.

The engineer invents the great thing in a lab; robot goons from The Man
break into the lab and chase,  yadayadayada.