POV-Ray : Newsgroups : irtc.animations : IRTC is it alive....? Server Time
29 Mar 2024 10:22:23 EDT (-0400)
  IRTC is it alive....? (Message 1 to 6 of 6)
From: dbott
Subject: IRTC is it alive....?
Date: 19 Jan 2007 19:02:36
Message: <45b15c1c$1@news.povray.org>
How sad, I teach myself  POV and I'm ready to go only
to find nobody home at IRTC............

Post a reply to this message

From: i need a unique name
Subject: Re: IRTC is it alive....?
Date: 20 Jan 2007 14:40:00
Message: <web.45b26f166f1e690fc3e0e7940@news.povray.org>
"dbott" <dbo### [at] eastsoundsuitescom> wrote:
> How sad, I teach myself  POV and I'm ready to go only
> to find nobody home at IRTC............

well its not exactly dead, a little slow and behind schedule but the stills
competition has lots of entries and rumour has it this round animation has
a reasonable number of entries. Though it does not seem as lively as it
used to be in the old days - perhaps the general public is taking graphics
a bit too much for granted these days.

Post a reply to this message

> "dbott" <dbo### [at] eastsoundsuitescom> wrote:
>> How sad, I teach myself  POV and I'm ready to go only
>> to find nobody home at IRTC............
>
> well its not exactly dead, a little slow and behind schedule but the stills
> competition has lots of entries and rumour has it this round animation has
> a reasonable number of entries.

Hi,

i'm not sure if others on irtc.animations are also subscribed to
irtc.stills, but there's quite something happening over there, so you
may want to join (at least temporary) to add to the momentum of
not-so-happy participants :)

- Markus

Post a reply to this message

"Markus Altendorff" <maa### [at] panoramasde> wrote in message
> i_need_a_unique_name wrote:
> > "dbott" <dbo### [at] eastsoundsuitescom> wrote:
> >> How sad, I teach myself  POV and I'm ready to go only
> >> to find nobody home at IRTC............
> >
> > well its not exactly dead, a little slow and behind schedule but the
stills
> > competition has lots of entries and rumour has it this round animation
has
> > a reasonable number of entries.
>
> Hi,
>
> i'm not sure if others on irtc.animations are also subscribed to
> irtc.stills, but there's quite something happening over there, so you
> may want to join (at least temporary) to add to the momentum of
> not-so-happy participants :)
>
> - Markus

Thanks Markus,
I will look into it. I know it's a volunteer web site and
everyone is busy and has a life....(I Hope). It would be nice to get some
response from IRTC. As you know it
also takes time to produce an animation or still
(participants time). I am not out for any prizes, I am just a hobbyist
looking for a venue to display my
work...good or bad.
I like your work Markus...
dbott

Post a reply to this message

"dbott" <dbo### [at] eastsoundsuitescom> wrote in message

> "Markus Altendorff" <maa### [at] panoramasde> wrote in message
> > i_need_a_unique_name wrote:
> > >
> > > well its not exactly dead, a little slow and behind schedule but the
> stills
> > > competition has lots of entries and rumour has it this round animation
> has
> > > a reasonable number of entries.
> >
> > Hi,
> >
> > i'm not sure if others on irtc.animations are also subscribed to
> > irtc.stills, but there's quite something happening over there, so you
> > may want to join (at least temporary) to add to the momentum of
> > not-so-happy participants :)
> >
> > - Markus
>
> Thanks Markus,
> I will look into it. I know it's a volunteer web site and
> everyone is busy and has a life....(I Hope). It would be nice to get some
> response from IRTC. As you know it
> also takes time to produce an animation or still
> (participants time). I am not out for any prizes, I am just a hobbyist
> looking for a venue to display my
> work...good or bad.
> I like your work Markus...
> dbott

Wow Markus -
I just read all the current threads in the irtc.stills news
group and WOW...........

Post a reply to this message