POV-Ray : Newsgroups : irtc.animations : Stuck for ideas Server Time
28 Mar 2024 07:12:48 EDT (-0400)
  Stuck for ideas (Message 11 to 12 of 12)
From: Jim Charter
Subject: Re: Stuck for ideas
Date: 10 Feb 2004 02:13:41
Message: <402884a5$1@news.povray.org>
Tek wrote:

> Okay, I've got an idea which I think qualifies. Something like a Battlestar
> Galactica / Star Wars large scale space battle, with lots of automated AI
> spaceships.
>
> I reckon that counts as classic sci-fi. :)

Reckon so, though for me I always thought of SW as "classic adventure"
too.  But it certainly answers my criteria of depending on sets and effects.

> Although now I want to design the ships to look nothing like SW! Must resist
> urge to be creative...

Huh?  Really don't think so.

BTW my favorite SciFi movie that I would call "classic" is "Andromeda
Strain", again, use of sets,...a scientific setting but an interesting
reversal of the usual, here the encapsulation is about containing rather
than excluding what is hostile,  recurring theme,... meeting with
extra-terrestial life but it doesn't walk and talk,
means,...scientific/crisis procedural but speculative modelling,
move-counter-move, well thought out protocol proves inadequate.

Post a reply to this message