POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.macintosh : Povray 3.6 in Mac OS X 10.4.1 : Re: Povray 3.6 in Mac OS X 10.4.1 Server Time
19 Apr 2024 23:32:07 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Povray 3.6 in Mac OS X 10.4.1
From: Clemens Schwaighofer
Date: 2 Jun 2005 22:41:34
Message: <gullevek-8D0058.11413403062005@news.povray.org>
In article <429eaea6$1@news.povray.org>,

> Clemens Schwaighofer wrote:
> >>No problem running 3.6 Build 0197 on tiger 10.4.1.
> >>Always useful to try is to trash the preferences and try again. If it
> >>doesn't work either, you can always move the old preferences back.
> >
> > hmm, I did a fresh install, double clicked on the POV-Ray Icon but it
> > just loaded the script editor, so I changed it to use the Application
> > Loader, but when I double click it, nothing happens.
>
> What you say makes no sense at all assuming you are talking about the
> official POV-Ray for Mac version.  First of all, there is no installer.
> Second, there is no way that you can change a Mac application "to use the
> Application Loader" as there is no such thing as an "Application Loader",
> whatever that is supposed to be.
>
> So whatever you are doing does simply not make any sense!  At least assuming
> you are really talking about the official Mac version here...

ctrl+click on the binary "POV-Ray Mac 3.6" and choose "open with".

Anyway, I know it is not an "application" where you write code, but I
tried to run it in the shell to get some output like I do in Linux.

Well, I have now MegaPov running, and from there I can render pictures.

I am sorry if I confuse people, but thats just, because I am confused. I
have no idea how I should start rendering picture with Pov Ray in Mac.

I couldn't find any quick help description for it.

lg, clemens