POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Healthcare : Re: Healthcare Server Time
29 Sep 2024 05:14:52 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Healthcare
From: Stephen
Date: 2 Sep 2009 16:08:01
Message: <g4kt95tq8nehpp59tb0gltv9aon1i6d4sv@4ax.com>
On Wed, 02 Sep 2009 07:58:51 -0700, Darren New <dne### [at] sanrrcom> wrote:

>Stephen wrote:
>> The UK is not a democracy it is a constitutional monarchy.
>
>And sometimes kingdoms are considered "new" when a new king takes over
>that's not in the usual and expected line of succession, such as after
>conquering the country. I've seen lots of folks date GB from the time of
>Wilhelm the Conquerer.

Well they would be wrong. William the Conqueror (as we call him in these
"Sceptred Isles") was King of England. The first King of Great Britain was James
the VI of Scotland who became James I of England, Scotland and Ireland in 1603
(Wales was considered part of England then.) this was called the union of the
crowns.
It was only in 1707 when the Acts of Union were passed that the UK came into
being.
--

Regards
     Stephen