POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.tools.general : New freeware modeling utility: MeshMixer : Re: New freeware modeling utility: MeshMixer Server Time
24 Apr 2024 11:05:46 EDT (-0400)
  Re: New freeware modeling utility: MeshMixer
From: Mike Williams
Date: 5 Dec 2009 01:24:13
Message: <cp5Vk1KGyfGLFwWI@econym.demon.co.uk>
Wasn't it Robert McGregor who wrote:
>Hi all, I just saw a video on You-Tube demonstrating a new freeware
>mesh utility
>that looks really innovative, easy, useful, and cool.
>
>I haven't downloaded it to try yet, but check out the video at
>http://www.meshmixer.com - looks like it would be great for working
>with Wings3d
>and Silo models. Would be fun to try with poser too... not sure how it handles
>dense meshes but I'll find out soon enough :)

Before installing MeshMixer, I recommend that you make a system restore
point in case your system doesn't like its current MS Visual C++
distributable being overwritten with the old 2005 version included in
the installation.

It didn't seem to break anything on my system, but MeshMixer itself
consistently crashes after about 30 seconds of use.

--
Mike Williams
Gentleman of Leisure