POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Glow lights 2(~40K) - glowlits.jpeg (1/1) : Re: Glow lights 2(~40K) - glowlits.jpeg (1/1) Server Time
25 Apr 2024 06:00:55 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Glow lights 2(~40K) - glowlits.jpeg (1/1)
From: Chris Huff
Date: 20 Nov 2000 20:32:40
Message: <chrishuff-98D469.20330220112000@news.povray.org>
In article <3A19CCF8.95B87EE4@peak.edu.ee>, Margus Ramst
<mar### [at] peakeduee> wrote:

> The overall effect is very cool.
> Some of the glows seem to terminate too abruptly (especially the
> stars); would this be easy to control/fix?

That is because I specified a cutoff radius for those glows. It
basically performs just enough calculations to figure out the distance
from the glow and stops if outside that radius...not quite bounding or
clipping, but with similar results. If it isn't specified, the glows are
essentially infinite.
I actually specified a radius for the stars that was too large, I want
to constrain the effect of the "stars" to a very small area, even though
it will give an abrupt edge. The closer glows in the area of the sphere
do not have this cutoff radius.

--
Christopher James Huff

<><